We work with film producers, independent studios, restaurateurs, nightclub owners/promoters, bands, solo artists, authors, and photographers on the unique legal issues that keep them awake at night.
At Jessep Entertainment & Sports Lawyers we assist clients in the Entertainment, Media & Tech industries to minimise their risks and maximise their opportunities with regard to the following common legal issues:
- Deal negotiation;
- Talent contracts and agreements;
- Rights agreements – music, books, TV, film, online;
- Rights clearances;
- Intellectual property
- Copyright, including the rights of songwriters, performers and producers, licensing, sampling, editing, and copyright infringement
- Trade marks for businesses and band names including search, applications, registrations, advice and disputes;
- Publishing agreements including distribution, royalties, management, licensing, film/TV rights, and international agreements;
- Music agreements including recording, licensing, publishing, distribution, royalties, management, partnerships, shareholder and joint ventures, touring, booking, sponsorship, merchandise and venue hire agreements;
- Film/TV agreements including financing, licensing, distribution, royalties, management, partnerships, shareholder and joint ventures, promotion, sponsorship, and merchandising agreements;
- Film producer E&O Insurance review and sign-off;
- Employment issues including enterprise agreements, good faith bargaining, right of entry requests, dismissals, and dispute resolution.
- Business advice, setup, and structuring for artists, photographers, authors, bands, solo artists, labels, and managers;
- Dispute resolution including litigation, mediation, and settlement negotiation; and
- General entertainment law including film and television production, publishing, advertising, sport, digital media and other creative content.
- Film Producers – assisted and advised the Producers of a feature length film with Errors & Omissions (E&O) Insurance for theatrical release and distribution.
- Script writer/creator – assisted the script writer/creator of a web-based TV series with advice and advocacy regarding an alleged copyright claim.
- Publishing/Author Agent – assisted, advised, and represented the long-standing agent of a prominent published author on the dissolution of the agreement between the parties and the treatment of residual rights in relation to a film deal and other rights.
Make your shot count; call JES | Jessep Entertainment & Sports Lawyers today, or Contact Us:
Ph: +61 (0)2 8007 4747