We work with film producers, independent studios, bands, solo artists, authors, and photographers on the unique legal issues that keep them awake at night.
At Mathew Jessep Lawyer we specialise in and focus on assisting clients in the Entertainment, Media & Tech industries to minimise their risks and maximise their opportunities with regard to the following common legal issues:
- Deal negotiation;
- Rights agreements – music, books, TV, film, online;
- Talent contracts and agreements;
- Intellectual property
- Copyright, including the rights of songwriters, performers and producers, licensing, sampling, editing, and copyright infringement
- Trade marks for businesses and band names including search, applications, registrations, advice and disputes;
- Publishing agreements including distribution, royalties, management, licensing, film/TV rights, and international agreements;
- Music agreements including recording, licensing, publishing, distribution, royalties, management, partnerships, shareholder and joint ventures, touring, booking, sponsorship, merchandise and venue hire agreements;
- Film/TV agreements including financing, licensing, distribution, royalties, management, partnerships, shareholder and joint ventures, promotion, sponsorship, and merchandising agreements;
- Film producer E&O Insurance review and sign-off;
- Employment issues including enterprise agreements, good faith bargaining, right of entry requests, dismissals, and dispute resolution.
- Business advice, setup, and structuring for artists, photographers, authors, bands, solo artists, labels, and managers;
- Dispute resolution including litigation, mediation, and settlement negotiation; and
- General entertainment law including film and television production, publishing, advertising, sport, digital media and other creative.
- Publishing/Author Agent – assisted, advised, and represented the long-standing agent of a prominent published author on the dissolution of the agreement between the parties and the treatment of residual rights in relation to a film deal and other rights.
Make your shot count; call JES | Jessep Entertainment & Sports Lawyers today, or Contact Us:
Ph: +61 (0)2 8007 4747